“Cinderella walked on broken glass, Sleeping beauty let her whole life pass by, Belle fell in love with a beast, Pocahontas risked her life for a feast, Jasmine could have had anyone but she chose a poor man, and Ariel, she walked on land.”
The risks we take. That leap of faith, the plunge into uncertainty and vulnerability. Of course it is good if the risk itself brings about something rewarding. But what if it doesn't? What do you do then?
Life isn't a fairytale. Even if it was a bed of roses, let's not forget that roses has thorns too. But believing in fairytales isn't all that bad. As in OTH, "Someone once told me there's nothing wrong with fairy tales, everyone ends up happily ever after in the end."
That's hope for you. As long as it doesn't transform into denial.
On another note, this week's been pretty awesome. Met up with the people I've come to care about, some for a longer time than the rest. Car, Yiz and Kailing! :)
The last burst before school starts. I feel super unsettled, worried and a teeny weeny bit of excitement. Of course, I still don't want school to start because I'm not the mugger kind of person. I much rather play (who doesn't actually) and have lotsa fun. Making studying the point of education is pretty pointless in my opinion. The last burst also mean a mass meetup session with those who matter and a lot of promises about meeting up in the future and everything.
And yes, I'm touched regarding last night when the few of you noticed. It's not my style to say anything, but yeah, it made me feel better. And of course, distracted me. But not to worry, everything will be okay. Or at least that's what I try to keep telling myself.
Sometimes I really hate how our mood is that volatile, and fluctuates crazily. And how we let things that shouldn't matter affect us.
But whatever it is, there will always be things and people who will cheer us up! Like kinder bueno white, mango shaved ice, bread pudding and beancurd plus youtiao! Or simply being surrounded by those who love and care.
Life will still go on, right?