<body>
JustBecause
Somewhere a clock is ticking
profile
shut up and sit down
Cassandra :D
Child of God
1 October 1991
Anderson Primary
Zhonghua Secondary
Anderson Junior College

Friends
:D
SOPHIA BUSH!♥
BROOKE AND LUCAS!
ONE TREE HILL!♥
ONE TREE HILL!

2e2'05 blog 3e4'06
4e4'07 blog AJC Sports Club Four of us Zhonghua Girl Guides 23/08 Zion YD 2006/2007

Aaron Ami Audrey
Beng Heng Boon Hao Cherlyn Christopher Cinny Clarice Elyssa Ernest Erusha Felicia Heng Felicia Lim
Grace Gui Ru Hui Ru
Janice Jermyn Jing Ke Jonathan Tan Kar Wei Kendrick Lisa Louisa Koh Lynette Mei Jun Michelle Ming Ying Monica Nicholas Norhuda Oswell Pearle Priscilla Regina Samuel Chia Sharifah Sophia Stephanie Wong Susan Valerie Vanessa Wan Chun Wan Zhen Wee Zong Xin Yi Yan Ning Yeo Mei Yizhen
tagboard
scream your lungs

<.
memories
scary flashbacks
October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011
credits
its easy to clap
Layout : materialisti-c
Resources: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
I slip away to a day that’ll never come
Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I dream days away, but that’s okay -
It’s like I want to hear a silent sound -
And then hold it in my hand
But a rose won’t blossom from a ground of desert sand

"Only Fooling Myself" is on replay at the moment. It is a good reminder.

Pardon but I think this is gonna be a pretty cynical post.

Had a fantabulous time with the Guides sisters last night! Poking fun of each other, having conversations where the topic change in a span of 5 seconds and then going back to the same topic and just plain ol' enjoying each others' company. Sometimes, when I do look back on my short life thus far, I'm truly glad to have friends like them. Sticking it through good and bad times in secondary school, and maintaining the friendship throughout the hectic JC life.

And just somehow, I have this thing against selfish people. But the irony is, everyone is selfish. I'm being terrible cynical, but I honestly think that everyone is selfish. Everyone has their vested interest when they do something, and everyone wants to be at the top of everybody else's priority list. Maybe it is just innate character, our flawed human nature, but I seriously doubt we can ever find someone who is completely selfless. Take giving up your seat on the train or bus. Do we give up the seats because we truly care about the welfare of the pregnant lady/ elderly? Or do we give it up because we don't want the other passengers to think the worst of us? Chances are, it is a combination of both. And even so, the selfish nature is apparent, because we are considering ourselves in the picture already.

It's true that working allows you to see all sorts of people. The selfish, the "wayang", the slackers and the list can go on. But of course, you get to meet nice people, like the awesome bunch of lao jiaos at work. They are really the reason why work can be so fun. Like the other day, Beatrice gave me a rose which was so pretty!! And Wei Jie bought orange juice when he won at his mahjong game. And we went out for a nice dinner at The Sail before heading to Haagen Daz for fondue! It is at times like this that I wish time will just stop. I like my life as it is now, albeit a tad lack of a social life. But there is no school, which means no homework, studying and examinations. And work is not as stressful and my life does not depend on this job. Thinking about going Uni is a bit depressing because we all have to start over, and the only consolation is I know a few people who are going for the same course, and maybe the same major? Who knows, it might end up like going to AJ all over again, with familiar faces everywhere I turn. And if it ends up like AJ again, it won't be a bad thing, will it?

Usually, we would think that our faces will give our feelings away and that’s why, many of us are pretty good as masking our true feelings. We can give the illusion that everything is perfect and easy peasy, when on the inside, we are actually struggling to hold it together. The very act of pretending everything is okay when it isn't, is torturous and draining to the mind. But that’s the thing. People tell us not to hide our feelings, but when we put our hearts on the sleeve, they get uncomfortable or don’t know how to deal with it. So what's the whole point? Life is just a big masquerade party, no one will show their true intentions, unless they are in their little private room with their special invitation. So yeah, everyone, put on your best mask of plastic smiles and hypocritical joy.

I had a really nice talk with beloved, just spilling stuffs that had been bothering us lately. I'm really glad we agree on many things and share the same view most of the time. Seriously, I think my crazy friends are the one who keep me sane at times like this.

And I'm really counting down to my trip because it means I can get away with everything, or that's what I like to think. In actual fact, everything will merely be put on hold, waiting for me to deal with when I get back. So looking forward to it, not.

But then again, it isn't really my style to be proactive and face everything. Deal with it. And meanwhile, do me a favour. Don't keep pestering me with anything else.
Yep, I don't make the first move.
back to the top