<body>
JustBecause
Somewhere a clock is ticking
profile
shut up and sit down
Cassandra :D
Child of God
1 October 1991
Anderson Primary
Zhonghua Secondary
Anderson Junior College

Friends
:D
SOPHIA BUSH!♥
BROOKE AND LUCAS!
ONE TREE HILL!♥
ONE TREE HILL!

2e2'05 blog 3e4'06
4e4'07 blog AJC Sports Club Four of us Zhonghua Girl Guides 23/08 Zion YD 2006/2007

Aaron Ami Audrey
Beng Heng Boon Hao Cherlyn Christopher Cinny Clarice Elyssa Ernest Erusha Felicia Heng Felicia Lim
Grace Gui Ru Hui Ru
Janice Jermyn Jing Ke Jonathan Tan Kar Wei Kendrick Lisa Louisa Koh Lynette Mei Jun Michelle Ming Ying Monica Nicholas Norhuda Oswell Pearle Priscilla Regina Samuel Chia Sharifah Sophia Stephanie Wong Susan Valerie Vanessa Wan Chun Wan Zhen Wee Zong Xin Yi Yan Ning Yeo Mei Yizhen
tagboard
scream your lungs

<.
memories
scary flashbacks
October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011
credits
its easy to clap
Layout : materialisti-c
Resources: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Gone With the Wind
Saturday, October 17, 2009
We see what's up ahead, Why do we stay?
Watchin' us fadin'
Trapped in, by regret
There's no way out, and there's no way in (no)
And it's so cold,
I'm not sure just how much longer I can hold

Hello hello

Yesterday was Farewell Assembly, the second graduation I had with most of my friends. Yes, one of the things I liked about AJC was that there were many familiar faces around. Primary school friends, neighbours (which come under the category of primary school friends as well) and secondary school friends.

Farewell Assembly yesterday was very different from Graduation from secondary school. Farewell Assembly seemed so rushed, although I knew about the date a long time ago. There wasn't much time to prepare for it, unlike in Secondary 4 where I had to prepare loads of cards for those that matter. And this time, I wasn't exactly scrambling around school trying to take photos with others, mainly because I didn't have the time. We had Econs after Farewell Assembly. And unlike Graduation, Farewell Assembly barely had the feeling of sadness that we had to part, mainly because there were other things going on and that we have GP lecture on Wed.

I remember during Graduation two years ago, our form teachers made videos for their form classes, the speech to our teachers made by the monitors of each class and the farewell gifts for each graduate, was somehow touching and sad. But the videos from the various departments this time round, was more hilarious and less sad. Not that the sincerity wasn't there, but it made it quite different. And the name of the ceremony kind of made a difference. Farewell Assembly made it sound as though we are never gonna meet again and that it was more mandatory to assemble everyone than it being a ceremony. In contrast, Graduation sounded a tad more grand and that while we are moving on to the next chapter of our lives, the time we spent had somewhat changed our lives. You don't have to agree though, it's my own personal opinion.

Don't get me wrong. Any form of parting is bound to make people feel sad and wistful. While I'm glad to be free of the JC lifestyle, the time I spent in JC was somewhat useful. Of course I made new friends, and while doing so, I'm glad to say that I've kept old friends, regardless of them being in AJC or not. I've made new friends and gained several more close friends (you know who you are). Over the course of two very hectic two years, I've come to realised that true friendship can withstand the test of time, that despite not talking for long periods of time, you can trust them enough to hear you rant/complain/sprout nonsense/share your burdens and whatnot. And of course, time does not define the quality of a friendship. Knowing people for short periods of time does not make them less a good friend compared to those you've known for a long time.

Well, I guess all I'm trying to say is this, to my older friends, thanks for being there for the past _ (fill in the number yourself) years and I sincerely hope that we will be friends for many more years. And to my newer friends, thank you for being my friend and I hope our friendship can pass the test of time.

Not to forget, I've seen and experienced my share of losses and wins in the past 1.5 - 2 years. From failing my 4 H2s at J1 Mid Years to passing them eventually, with or without bonus marks, at Promos and getting promoted, from losing someone dear to gaining more close friends, from being discriminated against and deemed useless by some (actually, it is just one now) in the school to emerging as winners at Tchouk-ball Nationals, the list goes on. What struck me most significantly was the message from the J1 CCA Head. It might be her alone who came up with the message, or the whole team, but it was really appropriate to sum up the past 1.5 - 2 years.

The fun we had, the tears we shared.

Actually, it is definitely more appropriate in describing CCA life in J2, but it somewhat does encapsulate the essence of JC life. Or at least, my JC life.

Yes, and not forgetting, in the midst of the past 1.5 - 2 years, I learnt much more non-academically. Who cares about academics? Just kidding. Academics are everything in my life right now. Totally. Back to the point. Yes, I'd learnt a lot from all that happened and those that didn't happened.

All righty, moving on to things on the less somber note, we had a mini class outing yesterday. Went to LJS after econs, yes we had 2 hours or so of econs after Farewell, for lunch and then went to watch 500 Days of Summer. It was totally hilarious, and I was laughing to myself over the show and the funny comments the boys made at times. The story plot was a little dumb though, especially when the guy met the girl called Autumn. Way to end the show.

Yep, and the day before, had a lunch date with dearie. It was a simple catch-up, just sitting at Mos and talking the time away, just like we did in Malang in our hotel room. Sorry I couldn't meet you yesterday! Wednesday yeah? :)

Anyways, it is kind of ironic that depsite it being Farewell yesterday, we have compulsory GP lecture for all on Wednesday.

I heard from somewhere recently ( I forgot where it is) about how fleeting time is. How often do we look at the clock and realise that it is x hours since we last looked at time, even when it felt like mere minutes? And do we realise that the day slip into night and night into day with little impact on us? It is not as though we would pause and think about the sun setting as we hurry about trying to get things done before dark. Actually, I doubt we even realise that the sun has set. I know I seldom realise that. And when the day slips into the next in middle of the night, we, or rather I, am trying to get as much done before I hit the sacks while some have already entered slumber land. It is like the wind, one minute it is there and the next, it's gone as quickly as it came. Gone with the Wind, as the book goes. That's time. People too, actually.

It happened again. It occured only as an after-thought. The mark of the flaw in our human character, a flaw which cannot be changed.

It's eating at me, to the point that it's tearing me apart and putting me in a foul mood.

All in all, yes, I won't miss the JC lifestyle. But I'll miss my friends and the convenience of having the school near my house. While people come and go, it is the friendships, the memories and the happiness that comes from the remembrance of those and things that matter and put a smile on your face, that will last. And despite the sorrow and pain certain memories and events might bring, it would suck to remember nothing at all, to have that void in your life.

"But I say give me regret as long as I can keep the good memories too."
One Tree Hill Episode 7, Season 3

Okay. I'm off to eat dinner, which I have to scrounge for since my family are out at a Deepavali dinner. Poor me.

Happy Deepavali everyone!
back to the top