There are so many things i need to say
Would you just spare me some time?
I give you my word, I won't take long
I promise you, I'll have you home before dawn
Hurry up, I can't wait long.
I realised that all my past few posts had been about Malang and more Malang. I really should sit down and post all my reflections at one shot. Then i can spare all you readers the torture of reading about the same thing so many times. But then, i post whatever that comes into my head so maybe you just have to bear with me.
Okay. This paragraph is going to sound really stupid but you have to pardon me because i was in Malang when this happened and I couldn't really care about dates until the last few days of my trip. It is December already. Ironically, it didnt strike me until today at church and it is already the 7 of December. 2008 is drawing to an end and I'm pretty glad it is ending. Also, this means that Christmas is coming. Somehow, for some reason I myself don't know about, I'm pretty excited for Christmas this year. Maybe it is because of the Malang trip, or maybe today's message, but nevertheless, I can't wait for Christmas. But when i look upon the past two years, I know I shouldn't have any form of expectations. Once bitten, twice shy.
A good friend of mine agrees with me that we shouldn't have any expectations. It makes disappointment much easier. And sad to say, I had to learn my lesson twice.
Pastor Wong's message which touched on sunrise just reminds me of Malang all over again. I wish I can turn back time into any of the 11 days when I was in Malang. And then, I won't feel like a fool.
Somehow, I have no inspiration. And I get the feeling that it is tied to this. And this makes me feel like a fool. And i still have no idea why I'm waiting.